Necessary but boring disclaimer information...

This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated.

Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.

All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.

Downloadable Files and Images

Any downloadable file, including but not limited to pdfs, docs, jpegs, pngs, is provided at the user’s own risk. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages resulting from a corrupted or damaged file.

Comments

Comments are welcome. However, the blog owner reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to :

- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam.

- Comments including profanity.

- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive.

- Comments containing hate speech, credible threats, or direct attacks on an individual or group.

The blog owner is not responsible for the content in comments.

This blog disclaimer is subject to change at anytime.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cake Camp

For, four days in the middle of September, I was able to attend California Cake Club's Cake Camp! It was four days of cake classes, a Vendor room filled with "cake toys" and great people!



I had so much fun! I met some wonderful people, learned some great new things and was able to hone a few skills I needed work on. The teachers were amazing! I was exhausted after the four days were up, and could barely walk each night when I stumbled home :) but it was worth it...

I wish I would have remembered to take more pictures, especially of the people I met, but of course I always forget (that's why Lloyd does it :).



This is a few of my Yummy Art Pals. It wasn't all of them that were there, but we had a class by Tammy Utley right after this just for the YA members. It was great to meet them all in person after reading them on the forum for a couple of years...





This little fairy hippo princess is what Tami Utley taught us how to make. it was a lot of fun... she was very patient with all of us :)





I had ten classes (counting Tami's) and I remembered to get pictures of TWO of the instructors! Ugh... I am so bad about that. This was Kathy Scott... she taught quick and easy side designs. She was so much fun and funny too.




This is Roland Winbeckler. I had two classes with him. Writing Made Easy (hahahahaha, you need good penmanship to have good icemanship, which I don't :P ) and an Airbrush demonstration. He makes it all look so easy... but I am anxious to try some of his tips and such out.


I also took classes in ...

Painting on Sugar-Watercolor, pen & ink and oil effects by Ruth Rickey.
She so full of energy! I don't know how the lady does all the things she does and is involved in... I was tired just thinking about it!

I also took a class in making Cattleya Orchids by Janet Foster. She is the sweetest lady from England. I just wanted to take her home with me! This is her example. I didn't get mine all the way done in class, so I was going to finish it at home (giving it color). I dropped it! I was so upset. It shattered into many little pieces. One of the pitfalls of working with sugar!


I also had a class by Dianne Gruenberg on how to make life like apple blossom branch. It was so fun and informative. You could tell I was a novice at gumpaste flowers, for I took a long time to do this and the orchid above :)... I need way more practice to to a bunch at a time!
I also took a class in buttercream roses by Linda Bills. They were one of those things, I knew how to do, but didn't feel like I did very well.
Break the Mold - Make It! by Marina Sousa
And finally a class on building, owning and operating a successful cake business by Lori Vreeke.
She was really helpful and full of information and experience from her own venture. It gives me a lot to think about and consider.
Now it's time to use all the things I learned (and bought :) and put them to good use!


No comments: